Are you looking for a better way to compare cheaper insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Ford F-150 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Ford and locate the cheapest rates from Columbus insurance agents and online providers.
This information will instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance. If you're already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Vehicle owners just have to know the proper methods to compare rates online from multiple companies.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Does car insurance cost less for women? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below compares Ford F-150 insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Age of drivers impacts costs - Teenage drivers in Ohio are proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor - The deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Marriage is a factor - Having a significant other can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Too many policy claims and you'll pay more - Car insurance companies in Ohio generally give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your F-150 policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Occupation reflects on rates - Jobs like lawyers, airline pilots, and dentists tend to have higher premium rates because of job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
Ford F-150 historical loss data - Companies use historical loss data to help determine costs. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Columbus utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide details including the ages of drivers, how your vehicles are used, coverage limits, and distance driven. That rating information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To find the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Ford F-150 insurance statistics and information
The rate table shown next outlines a range of coverage prices for Ford F-150 models. Learning a little about how premiums are formulated is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$114||$142||$234||$14||$70||$574||$48|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$114||$180||$234||$14||$70||$612||$51|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$114||$180||$234||$14||$70||$612||$51|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$114||$180||$234||$14||$70||$612||$51|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$114||$180||$234||$14||$70||$612||$51|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$130||$180||$234||$14||$70||$628||$52|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$180||$234||$14||$70||$644||$54|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$146||$180||$234||$14||$70||$644||$54|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$146||$180||$234||$14||$70||$644||$54|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$146||$220||$234||$14||$70||$684||$57|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$146||$258||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$146||$258||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$146||$258||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$164||$258||$234||$14||$70||$740||$62|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$164||$258||$234||$14||$70||$740||$62|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$164||$258||$234||$14||$70||$740||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in Columbus location which can increase or decrease coverage rates noticeably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Ford F-150 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Choosing Ford F-150 insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Columbus, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford F-150 has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $865 each year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Columbus with these insurance discounts
Some insurers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current F-150 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Ford can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
- No Claims - Columbus drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, federal employee, defensive driver, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, newly married, good student, new graduate, and safety features.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, anti-theft, driver training, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To view insurers who offer online Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Columbus, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Columbus.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Columbus that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
When researching a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Columbus who may provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Glenn R Williams
2930 N High St - Columbus, OH 43202 - (614) 268-3567 - View Map
- Keystone Insurance Agency LLC
5640 Groveport Rd #2 - Groveport, OH 43125 - (614) 295-8816 - View Map
- All Ohio Insurance Agency Inc
180 Northwoods Blvd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 825-0770 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus willing to provide price quote information.
- Russell A Popp - State Farm Insurance Agent
2844 Johnstown Rd - Columbus, OH 43219 - (614) 471-5557 - View Map
- David Grant - State Farm Insurance Agent
4612 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 262-1055 - View Map
- Scott Dawson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5871 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 891-2886 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How are claims handled?
Smart consumers save more
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you quote Columbus car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Columbus can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Steps to buying low-cost Ford F-150 insurance in Columbus
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for Ford F-150 insurance in Columbus is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Ohio.
Step 1: Try to understand individual coverages and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like careless driving and your credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper F-150 coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Columbus? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)