It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save themselves almost $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The easiest way to get more affordable Acura TSX insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Columbus. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional ideas to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Earn discounts on Columbus car insurance
Car insurance companies don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children living away from Columbus attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Columbus Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used TSX can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Acura can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
The chart below shows the difference between Acura TSX annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Columbus, click here to view.
When shopping for Acura TSX insurance in Columbus there are multiple ways to compare prices from different Columbus insurance companies. The quickest method to find competitive Acura TSX insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
It's so simple to compare auto insurance price quotes online makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to different Columbus agent offices. Doing it all online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare the best prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find the best price. Some companies don't provide Columbus TSX insurance quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Acura TSX coverage statistics
The data table displayed below covers different coverage prices for Acura TSX models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$156||$276||$196||$12||$58||$698||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise price quotes greatly.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Columbus car insurance agent
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Columbus should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Listed below are Columbus car insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Acura TSX insurance in Columbus.
After talking to the agent and getting good answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an provider that is reputable and can service your policy.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We've covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Acura TSX insurance in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable Acura TSX insurance in Columbus can be purchased on the web and with local Columbus insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)