Chevy Equinox insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The easiest way to get budget Chevy Equinox insurance in Columbus is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Ohio.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more information to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Columbus insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
A recent car insurance study discovered that almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,300, Columbus drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Cheaper Columbus insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every discount available very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow their company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Equinox car insurance costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Ohio, click this link.
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from different companies. The best way to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to go to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional abilities of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy. Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding lower pricing. Not every company does online price quotes, so you also need to get rates from them as well.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Chevy Equinox insurance statistics and information
The data table shown below highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Chevy Equinox models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$142||$238||$226||$14||$68||$688||$57|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$142||$238||$226||$14||$68||$688||$57|
|Equinox LS AWD||$142||$238||$226||$14||$68||$688||$57|
|Equinox LT AWD||$142||$238||$226||$14||$68||$688||$57|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$160||$280||$226||$14||$68||$748||$62|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$160||$280||$226||$14||$68||$748||$62|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$160||$280||$226||$14||$68||$748||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Columbus garaging location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can drive up Chevy Equinox insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Equinox insurance prices with and without full coverage. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Equinox replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Learn How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Incidental coverages are wasting money - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
Keep the miles off and save - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Equinox may be costing you. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage.
Performance makes a difference - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below assumes a single female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Equinox rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Most larger insurers apply a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Get hitched and pay lower rates - Having a wife or husband can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Cheaper prices using alarm systems - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent car theft.
Cars with good safety ratings means better premiums - Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Equinox - Companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD||82||86||74||101||104||93|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD||84||88||85||89||93||81|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Columbus who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If they are an independent agency in Columbus, which companies do they recommend?
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Two types of Columbus car insurance agents
When researching an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Columbus are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Columbus exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following are Columbus independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd - Columbus, OH 43215 - (614) 249-2141 - View Map
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Columbus Equinox insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Equinox, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Chevy Equinox insurance car insurance rates in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Columbus car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)