Are you researching lower-priced car insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Ford GT insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Ford and find the best price possible from both online companies and Columbus agents.
It’s a good habit to compare rates quite often because car insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Ford GT insurance in Columbus last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about GT insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you some of the best ways to find cheap car insurance in Columbus.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Ford GT insurance in Columbus is to understand most insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as if a SR-22 is required, whether you are single or married, the year, make and model of vehicles, and driver details. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and you get price estimates instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Ohio. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford GT in Columbus, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your GT with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your Ford GT and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbus overpays as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Columbus auto insurance quote.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Columbus auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in Columbus. To see insurance companies who offer cheap Ford GT insurance quotes in Ohio, click here to view.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford GT?
- Will my Ford GT be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.