The best way to get more affordable Audi A4 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Columbus. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Columbus. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Columbus insurance shoppers could save almost 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company does price estimates online, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Ohio. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage information shown below outlines different policy rates for Audi A4 models. Being aware of how prices are established is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$106||$248||$238||$14||$72||$678||$57|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$214||$238||$14||$72||$644||$54|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$214||$238||$14||$72||$644||$54|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$106||$248||$238||$14||$72||$678||$57|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$238||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$238||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$238||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$118||$248||$238||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$238||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$118||$248||$238||$14||$72||$690||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Audi A4 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from Columbus attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper A4 insurance.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of companies with significant discounts in Columbus, click this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your Audi A4
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A4 in Columbus, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your A4, most lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Audi A4 but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local Columbus insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Columbus.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Columbus who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Columbus for you
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Columbus can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you should always contact independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Columbus that may be able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 249-2141 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Columbus that can give you price quote information.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbus?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How long has the business existed?