It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $850 each year compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Buick Enclave insurance in Columbus is why you're here, then having some insight into how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Columbus is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Ohio.
Step 1: Learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Our goal in writing this article teach you how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Nevertheless, Ohio car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Cheaper to insure gals? - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Males and females cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Insure your auto and home with one company - Some insurance companies afford better rates to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Urban residents pay more - Having an address in areas with lower population has it's advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Don't cut corners with liability coverage - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Buick Enclave scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Don't abuse policy claims - Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Good drivers have lower rates - Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one driving citation can increase rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers with multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims increase Buick Enclave auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Buick Enclave statistical loss data - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick Enclave Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Buick Enclave insurance in Columbus is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information like which vehicles you own, how old drivers are, how you use your vehicles, and if you are currently licensed. Your insurance information is instantly sent to multiple insurance providers and they return quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Buick Enclave models. Having a better idea how auto insurance premiums are established can help customers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$140||$220||$298||$18||$88||$764||$64|
|Enclave CX AWD||$140||$220||$298||$18||$88||$764||$64|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$140||$220||$298||$18||$88||$764||$64|
|Enclave XL AWD||$156||$220||$298||$18||$88||$780||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Columbus Enclave insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Enclave with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Get cheap Buick Enclave insurance in Columbus with discounts
Some insurance providers don't list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive reduced rates.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that may have these discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Columbus.
By using this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Columbus come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Columbus agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbus that may be able to give rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbus that can give you price quote information.
Danny Hilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3276 Morse Rd b - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 475-8808 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Buick Enclave insurance in Columbus. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper insurance in Columbus can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)