Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Columbus is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Ohio.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Columbus. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Ohio can cut their rates by almost 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Which Cadillac ATS insurance is cheapest in Columbus, OH?
Lowering your Cadillac ATS auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. All that's required is to take the time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Columbus insurance discounts for a Cadillac ATS
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current ATS insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used ATS can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Columbus that can provide free Columbus auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is there a local claims center in Columbus?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Columbus?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following are Columbus exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jonathan Yu - State Farm Insurance Agent
1930 Crown Park Ct #140 - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 885-9507 - View Map
- Gary Snowden - State Farm Insurance Agent
1369 Georgesville Rd - Columbus, OH 43228 - (614) 272-2300 - View Map
- Andrea Taylor - State Farm Insurance Agent
5540 N Hamilton Rd - Columbus, OH 43230 - (614) 855-9421 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbus willing to provide price quote information.
- Franchise Insurance Agency, Inc.
4930 Reed Rd Suite 100 - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 451-2232 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert L Smith
4942 Reed Rd - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 451-2232 - View Map
- Associated Insurance Agency - Pickerington
12927 Stonecreek Dr - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 866-6060 - View Map
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Never let your insurance policy lapse - Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time.
Your career may increase rates - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like scientists, athletes and performers get better rates.
Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your ATS policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Better drivers have lower rates - How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Companies want multiple policies - Lots of companies afford lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Costs go up with performance - The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for economy passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Insurance loss probability for a Cadillac ATS - Companies analyze historical claim data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Cadillac ATS insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your ATS has a loan, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
One last note
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Some insurance providers don't offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Budget-conscious Cadillac ATS insurance is available online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)