Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Columbus is your objective, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
The preferred way to get affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Columbus. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and bad credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Columbus. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
The fastest way that we advise to get policy rate comparisons for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Columbus is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is give them some information like daily mileage, what you do for a living, the make and model of your vehicles, and if the vehicle is leased. That information is submitted instantly to insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To get price quotes for your Cadillac Escalade now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Columbus.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The table displayed next covers a range of coverage costs for Cadillac Escalade models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$208||$398||$266||$16||$80||$968||$81|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$228||$398||$266||$16||$80||$988||$82|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$228||$398||$266||$16||$80||$988||$82|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$228||$398||$266||$16||$80||$988||$82|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$228||$502||$242||$14||$72||$1,058||$88|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$228||$502||$242||$14||$72||$1,058||$88|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$228||$450||$266||$16||$80||$1,040||$87|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$228||$450||$266||$16||$80||$1,040||$87|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$248||$554||$242||$14||$72||$1,130||$94|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$248||$554||$242||$14||$72||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The diagram below compares Cadillac Escalade auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac Escalade replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $500 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
These discounts can lower Cadillac Escalade insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Cadillac could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac Escalade insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-policy, driver training, air bags, good student, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, drive less, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
Before buying, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Columbus, click here.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Columbus, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Escalade more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- If my Cadillac Escalade is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Columbus car insurance agents?
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Columbus are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Columbus that are able to give rate quotes.
These agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent agencies in Columbus who can help you get price quotes.