If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Columbus is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Ohio.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper XLR coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower rates are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates annually saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Columbus is your intention, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Columbus is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers just need to know the proper methods to shop for auto insurance from multiple carriers.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices on the web. Getting online quotes for Cadillac XLR insurance in Columbus is fairly simple because you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system will obtain credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Cadillac XLR insurance in Columbus makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the best rate on car insurance.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates on Cadillac XLR insurance in Columbus with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new XLR can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Columbus Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Columbus can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Ohio, click this link.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Cadillac XLR insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XLR has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your Cadillac and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Who is covered when they drive my Cadillac XLR?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Columbus?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Columbus are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
These agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Columbus who may provide you with price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Patricia Dews
114 Norton Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 878-9720 – View Map
- State Farm: Matt Simonds
2986 N High St – Columbus, OH 43202 – (614) 262-6700 – View Map
- Ray Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
7846 Olentangy River Rd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 846-2886 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to different regional companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Columbus who can help you get price quotes.
- AA Affordable Insurance Agency of Ohio
1180 W Broad St – Columbus, OH 43222 – (614) 221-7007 – View Map
- Putnam White Lewis Insurance Agency
4161 N High St – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 267-1269 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Darnell Jackson Agency
2690 E Main St – Columbus, OH 43209 – (614) 235-5413 – View Map