It’s shocking but nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save as much as $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Columbus is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Ohio.
- Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Discount Columbus car insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, alternative fuel, homeowner, business and professional, distant student, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, and driver training.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, auto/life discount, premier discount, safe driver, resident student, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable Acura NSX insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Ohio, click this link.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from different Columbus insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest Acura NSX rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Quote Acura NSX Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings.
Higher coverage deductibles reduce premiums – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Don’t skimp on liability – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Responsible drivers pay less – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. People who have severe citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your employer may affect rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects, and dentists usually pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
Older drivers pay less – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers have been known to be more careless when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my Acura NSX covered for flood damage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Acura NSX to commute?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Local Columbus insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Columbus should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Columbus?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Columbus insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Columbus are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus who may provide you with price quotes.
- State Farm: Matt Simonds
2986 N High St – Columbus, OH 43202 – (614) 262-6700 – View Map
- Debbie Montgomery – State Farm Insurance Agent
1880 Schrock Rd – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 890-2886 – View Map
- Gary Bepler – State Farm Insurance Agent
3246 Noe Bixby Rd – Columbus, OH 43232 – (614) 837-4379 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you will want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Columbus that can give you price quotes.
- Pfeifer-Ornstein Insurance Agency
3291 E Main St – Columbus, OH 43213 – (614) 235-7050 – View Map
- Danduran and Associates Insurance Agency, Inc.
1827 O Brien Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 777-8200 – View Map
- Ansong Insurance Agency
5272 Cleveland Ave – Columbus, OH 43231 – (614) 259-3635 – View Map
Auto insurance is not optional in Ohio
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura NSX insurance, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your NSX are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Acura NSX insurance in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
The cheapest Acura NSX insurance in Columbus is definitely available both online and with local Columbus insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Columbus, Ohio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)