If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Honda S2000 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Columbus. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides the details to lower rates and earn larger discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for Honda S2000 insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Companies offering Honda S2000 insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Better rates with anti-theft devices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many companies apply lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare Honda S2000 rates in Columbus to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Gender matters – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Better car insurance rates for being claim-free – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Ohio give better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Lower rates come with age – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If the Honda S2000 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Obey driving laws and save – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who have received careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Get cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in Columbus with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive better car insurance rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver training, seat belt use, good student, military active duty, air bags, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, defensive driver, early bird, student driver, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not apply in your state. To find providers with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Columbus.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of Columbus car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Columbus insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbus that may be able to provide price quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Columbus exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Columbus?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Lower rates by being persistent
Budget-conscious Honda S2000 insurance can be bought online in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Honda S2000 insurance premium rates in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Honda S2000 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)