Sad but true, most car insurance customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,340, Columbus drivers could save an average of roughly 55% each year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Columbus.
First, try to learn a little about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for ideas to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Columbus. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Columbus is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Smart buyers just have to use the least time-consuming way to buy car insurance on the web.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is actually easier than you may think. Just invest a little time getting comparison quotes to discover which company has affordable Mazda CX-9 insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to drive to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the trained advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage information shown below outlines different insurance coverage prices for Mazda CX-9 models. Knowing how rates are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$170||$304||$256||$16||$76||$822||$69|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$170||$358||$256||$16||$76||$876||$73|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$170||$358||$256||$16||$76||$876||$73|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$170||$358||$256||$16||$76||$876||$73|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$170||$358||$256||$16||$76||$876||$73|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$190||$358||$256||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific Columbus garaging location which can change auto insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Mazda CX-9 insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't overlook these Mazda CX-9 insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every discount available very well, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Resident Student - College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-9 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, online quote, renters, Switch & Save, good driver, and safety device.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, new move discount, multi-policy, safety features, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for company car, mature driver, paperless, student away at school, teen driver, group or association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, membership and employees, air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
When getting free Columbus auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Columbus, click here to view.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Columbus, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your CX-9, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Columbus who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Columbus should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Columbus can either be exclusive or independent. Either can do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent agencies in Columbus who can help you get rate quotes.