Nobody likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year will most likely buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Columbus is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
How to buy discount Subaru WRX insurance in Columbus
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Columbus.
First, get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Due to the increasing number of auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be difficult for drivers to find a lower cost insurer.
It's a good habit to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Subaru WRX insurance in Columbus a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of information about WRX insurance online, but I'm going to show you some solid techniques on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Columbus.
These tips will familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. But Ohio car owners must understand how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Columbus utilizes the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like the ages of drivers, marital status, level of coverage desired, and the make and model of your vehicles. The rating information is automatically sent to all major companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Subaru WRX insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru WRX in Columbus, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Subaru, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rates by qualifying for these seven discounts
Some insurance providers don't list every possible discount very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Columbus Homeowners Pay Less - Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers are able to get better auto insurance rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, professional/association, good student, annual mileage, type of vehicle, and good driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, accident-free, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in your area.
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Columbus.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Columbus that may be able to provide rate quotes for Subaru WRX insurance in Columbus.
Nationwide Insurance: Robert Darnell Jackson Agency
2690 E Main St - Columbus, OH 43209 - (614) 235-5413 - View Map
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the quote a firm price?
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need an agent's assistance.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is glass protection for?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Subaru WRX.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your WRX from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your WRX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Quote more and you will save more
While you're price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper insurance in Columbus is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to finding low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Columbus
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Columbus is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)