If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Columbus is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Ohio. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important note is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around are very likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Columbus is your intention, then understanding the best way to shop and compare coverages can make shopping around easier.
Companies offering competitive Toyota FJ Cruiser prices in Columbus, OH
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Ohio. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The information displayed below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are determined helps drivers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$180||$224||$234||$14||$70||$722||$60|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$200||$224||$234||$14||$70||$742||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota FJ Cruiser annual premium costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Columbus may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Columbus auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Devices – Columbus drivers who agree to allow data collection to monitor where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, good driver, and bundled insurance.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, good driver, age of vehicle, accident-free, location of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, business and professional, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area.
Can’t I compare prices from local Columbus car insurance agents?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How many years have they been established?
If you’re trying to find a local Columbus insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Columbus that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Columbus independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
When you buy Columbus auto insurance online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented some good ideas how you can find cheap Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)