Paying for high-priced Chevrolet Trax insurance in Columbus can bleed your family's budget and force you to make tough financial choices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Ohio drivers can cut their rates by 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
How to buy cheaper Chevy Trax insurance in Columbus
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Trax insurance in Columbus is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Ohio.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for ideas to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
There is such a variety of insurers to pick from, and although it's nice to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers need to compare rates before your next renewal because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chevy Trax insurance in Columbus two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on Trax insurance on the web, but you can learn some great ways to find cheap auto insurance in Columbus.
How to buy Chevy Trax insurance in Columbus, OH
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Lower-cost Chevy Trax insurance rates in Columbus
Some providers do not list every policy discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Online Discount - A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Trax insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Columbus drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver training, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, multi-car, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, youthful driver, pay in full, and homeowner.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, defensive driver, good student, new vehicle, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, newly retired, multi-car, good student, and safety features.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose insurers that offer many of these discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
Seven Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Prevent theft and save money - Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- You may save more by bundling policies - Lots of auto insurance companies afford discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your occupation is a factor - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and accountants tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Liability coverage - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- More performance means higher costs - The performance level of the car you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Attentive drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one driving citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Extra coverages are wasting money - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you don't pay attention. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Trax - Insurers use claims history when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher losses will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the loss history for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet Trax Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years