If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Audi A7 insurance in Columbus is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide car insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds in Ohio have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers could save an average of almost 46.5% each year, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
Companies offering affordable Audi A7 rate quotes in Columbus, OH
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Affordable Columbus car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Putting car insurance coverage on a new A7 can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Audi could be rewarded with better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Columbus and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Columbus auto insurance quote in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their company to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Travelers may offer discounts for payment discounts, multi-car, home ownership, continuous insurance, and new car.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, teen driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online quote, multi-car, defensive driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and ease of repair.
If you need cheaper Columbus auto insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Columbus. For a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Ohio, click this link.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Limits of liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage. Improper usage on your A7 can result in significantly higher rates.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Audi has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base premiums – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Policy add-ons could be costing you – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Audi A7 claim data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance agents near you
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Columbus.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Columbus who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
More quotes mean more insurance savings
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
Cheaper insurance in Columbus is available both online and also from your neighborhood Columbus agents, so get free Columbus auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be read at these sites:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)