How many times have you said it's time to compare more affordable GMC Canyon insurance in Columbus? Have you finally had enough of sacrificing other expenses to insure your GMC every month? You're in the same situation as many other Ohio consumers.
It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. People who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on GMC Canyon insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
How to save on GMC Canyon insurance in Columbus
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Columbus is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Ohio. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View companies
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Columbus. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Due to the fact that there are so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a GMC Canyon in Columbus, it's difficult to pick the lowest price insurance provider.
It's a good habit to compare prices once or twice a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rate on GMC Canyon insurance in Columbus at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Car insurance statistics for a GMC Canyon
The premium table shown below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for GMC Canyon models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$82||$150||$256||$16||$76||$580||$48|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$82||$182||$256||$16||$76||$612||$51|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$82||$182||$256||$16||$76||$612||$51|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$82||$182||$256||$16||$76||$612||$51|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$94||$150||$256||$16||$76||$592||$49|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$94||$182||$256||$16||$76||$624||$52|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$94||$182||$256||$16||$76||$624||$52|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$94||$150||$256||$16||$76||$592||$49|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$94||$214||$256||$16||$76||$656||$55|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$94||$182||$256||$16||$76||$624||$52|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$106||$182||$256||$16||$76||$636||$53|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$106||$182||$256||$16||$76||$636||$53|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$106||$182||$256||$16||$76||$636||$53|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$106||$182||$256||$16||$76||$636||$53|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Columbus location which can change rates significantly.
What Determines GMC Canyon Insurance Costs?
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Do women or men drive better? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. They both cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Safer occupants lowers auto insurance rates - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- More annual miles equals more premium - The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Canyon is just wasting money.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles - Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
GMC Canyon claim data - Insurers analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for GMC Canyon vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Canyon Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Canyon Crew Cab 2WD 54 88 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD 44 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Smart shoppers get results
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price.
In this article, we presented many ways to save on GMC Canyon insurance in Columbus. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
How to find discount GMC Canyon insurance in Columbus
The best way to get affordable GMC Canyon insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Columbus. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Immediately put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is that you'll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)