Shockingly, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. American drivers can save approximately $850 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Hyundai Entourage insurance in Columbus is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Finding and buying cheaper protection in Columbus is easy to do. If you already have coverage or need a new policy, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to learn how to find the lowest price online.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get prices directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Columbus can be done by anyone as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system gets information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Getting online quotes for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Columbus simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to do this in order to get a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you can save on car insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Columbus, OH. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Hyundai Entourage
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Columbus, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Entourage has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Columbus
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-car Discount - Having all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Columbus Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Columbus, click here to view.
Compare rates but work with a local Columbus insurance agent
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Columbus.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Columbus that can provide free Columbus car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Car insurance agents in Columbus come in two varieties
When finding a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to know how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Columbus that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Soller Insurance Agency
891 S James Rd - Columbus, OH 43227 - (614) 235-2815 - View Map
- Geswein Insurance Agency LLC
5214 Bethel Center Mall - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 538-2944 - View Map
- Augustine Insurance Agency
3851 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 267-1973 - View Map
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus that are able to give price quotes.
- Ray Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
7846 Olentangy River Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 846-2886 - View Map
- Jerry Doherty - State Farm Insurance Agent
21 W Broad St #100 - Columbus, OH 43215 - (614) 461-7833 - View Map
- Danny Hilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3276 Morse Rd b - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 475-8808 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
One last thing to lower rates
When getting Columbus car insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Low-cost Hyundai Entourage insurance in Columbus can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Columbus, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund or high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)