If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Columbus.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Ohio being $1,300, drivers could save $729 every year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to shop around.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the tips covered below. Finding quotes for the best coverage in Columbus is not that difficult. Although Ohio vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
Cheapest companies for Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheap Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Columbus with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Columbus Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Columbus can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, air bags, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, good student, and early bird.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, driver’s education, good driver, and accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for good student, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, new graduate, new move discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
If you want affordable Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in your area. To see a list of providers with the best discounts in Ohio, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Columbus insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Columbus should know the answers to these questions.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Felix Quachey
1100 Morse Rd Ste 301 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 536-0237 – View Map
- Howard Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
1395 E Dublin Granville Rd #201 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 431-8192 – View Map
- Wendy Sams – State Farm Insurance Agent
9039 Antares Ave, Ste D-1A – Columbus, OH 43240 – (614) 985-6123 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Columbus that can give you price quote information.
- Henderson Insurance Inc
3620 N High St #105 – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 884-0970 – View Map
- Pfeifer-Ornstein Insurance Agency
3291 E Main St – Columbus, OH 43213 – (614) 235-7050 – View Map
- Gardiner Allen DeRoberts Insurance LLC
777 Goodale Blvd – Columbus, OH 43212 – (614) 221-1500 – View Map
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, high prices or even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)