A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American drivers could save $860 a year, but they just don’t want to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Columbus is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Ohio. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on S80 insurance. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Getting quotes for more affordable auto insurance coverage in Columbus is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Ohio car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
High performance equals high premiums – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data is based on a married male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volvo S80 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder vehicle theft.
Tickets can increase premiums – Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get careless tickets like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Volvo S80 auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Always keep your insurance policy in place – Driving without insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Loss statistics for a Volvo S80 – Companies analyze historical claim data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that are shown to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S80 4dr 2WD||82|
|Volvo S80 4dr 4WD||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Columbus is to realize auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide information like types of safety features, if your license is active, whether you are single or married, and how your vehicles are used. That rating data gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To check Volvo S80 insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Volvo S80 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$204||$324||$298||$18||$88||$932||$78|
|S80 Executive AWD||$204||$366||$298||$18||$88||$974||$81|
|S80 V8 AWD||$226||$366||$298||$18||$88||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The information below compares Volvo S80 auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo S80 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Columbus S80 insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Volvo S80 insurance in Columbus
Some insurers don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S80 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for good student, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly retired, newly married, and multi-car.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer cheap Volvo S80 insurance quotes in Columbus, click here.
Local Columbus auto insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Columbus?
If you are searching for a good Columbus insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agencies in Columbus who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Patricia Dews
114 Norton Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 878-9720 – View Map
- Bud Kulp – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 Bethel Rd – Columbus, OH 43220 – (614) 459-2424 – View Map
- Jack Gilkerson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4232 E Main St – Whitehall, OH 43213 – (614) 237-4256 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Columbus independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Keystone Insurance Agency LLC
5640 Groveport Rd #2 – Groveport, OH 43125 – (614) 295-8816 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert L Smith
4942 Reed Rd – Columbus, OH 43220 – (614) 451-2232 – View Map
- W.E. Davis Insurance Agency
29 Frederick St – Columbus, OH 43206 – (614) 443-0533 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Columbus can be bought online and with local Columbus insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
In this article, we presented many ways to compare Volvo S80 insurance car insurance rates in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When you buy Columbus auto insurance online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)