Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Acura TLX insurance in Columbus? Getting cheap Columbus Acura TLX insurance quotes can seem to be impossible for people that are relatively new to price shopping online. With a ridiculous number of insurance companies available, how can you have time to compare each option to find the best available price?
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around will presumably buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly Acura TLX insurance is your objective, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Ohio
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Ohio. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Save money with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Columbus Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, driver's education, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-car, good student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, multi-policy, driver training, air bags, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paid in full, company car, safe vehicle, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, and safe driver.
- USAA has discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, annual mileage, driver training, and good student.
When getting free Columbus car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer discounts in Ohio, click here.
Six Tips to Get More Affordable Columbus Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Bad drivers pay high premiums - Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Even a single ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to those with violations. People who have multiple citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Where you live plays a part - Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Lower rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Keep policy claims to a minimum - Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
More than one policy can earn a discount - Many auto insurance companies allow better rates to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
The more you drive the more you pay - The higher the miles on your Acura every year the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your TLX is throwing money out the window. It's always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage, because it can save money.
Acura TLX insurance loss data - Companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Acura TLX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Columbus.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Columbus who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always check rates from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
Featured below are independent agents in Columbus that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd - Columbus, OH 43215 - (614) 249-2141 - View Map
- Central Ohio Insurance Services, Inc
1205 Hill Rd N - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 861-3100 - View Map
- W.E. Davis Insurance Agency
29 Frederick St - Columbus, OH 43206 - (614) 443-0533 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbus willing to provide rate quotes.
- Gary Bepler - State Farm Insurance Agent
3246 Noe Bixby Rd - Columbus, OH 43232 - (614) 837-4379 - View Map
- State Farm: Matt Simonds
2986 N High St - Columbus, OH 43202 - (614) 262-6700 - View Map
- Amie Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
1246 N High St - Columbus, OH 43201 - (614) 586-8701 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How are claims handled?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Columbus?
Smart consumers save more
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheaper Acura TLX insurance in Columbus can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Columbus car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Acura TLX insurance in Columbus. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
How to find affordable quotes for Acura TLX insurance in Columbus
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Columbus. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)