Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Columbus? Searching for cheap Columbus Chrysler 200 insurance quotes on the internet is somewhat difficult for beginners to buying insurance on the internet. With such a large number of agents and companies, how are we expected to be able to compare every insurance company to find better insurance prices?
Unthinkable but true, almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Ohio could cut their rates by nearly $730 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
You should take the time to shop coverage around before your next renewal because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chrysler 200 insurance in Columbus a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the best ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Costs Can Be Cheaper
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand some of the things that help calculate car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Most insurance companies give discounts for people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Where you call home plays a part - Living in a rural area has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Save money with theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance losses for a Chrysler 200 - Companies use claims history when setting premium costs. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but some must be manually applied before they will apply.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Columbus car insurance quote.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Columbus and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may have discounts that include passive restraint, premier discount, senior citizen, good student, FullPay discount, and utility vehicle.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
If you need cheaper Columbus car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your area.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
The cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance in Columbus is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Columbus agents, so get free Columbus car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Columbus. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
How to buy cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Columbus
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates in Columbus is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper 200 coverage is available in Columbus. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)