A recent study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Ohio can cut their rates by about 55% a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
Really, the only way to get affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Columbus is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Range Rover insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Finding cheaper Columbus auto insurance rates isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to take the time to compare rates to find the company with cheaper Columbus auto insurance quotes.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Columbus, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Land Rover at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Land Rover but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbus overpays more than $825 a year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Columbus
Companies do not list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Range Rover insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, good driver, ease of repair, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, mature driver, youthful driver, distant student, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including auto/life discount, teenSMART discount, premier discount, anti-lock brakes, early signing, and new car.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, driver training, emergency military deployment, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Columbus, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Columbus auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Columbus.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Columbus who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Columbus should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and a broken windshield. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance - This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, medical expenses, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for nursing services, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Land Rover Range Rover.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in Ohio), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage - This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Range Rover from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Range Rover in order to get cheaper collision rates.
One last thing about your coverage
We just presented many ways to reduce Land Rover Range Rover insurance premium rates online in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company.
Discount Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Columbus is attainable both online and with local Columbus insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
More learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)