Want to learn a better way to compare the cheapest car insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus buyers have options when searching for the best price on Suzuki Aerio insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Suzuki and get the cheapest rates.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes quite often because car insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Columbus two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on car insurance.
Best Suzuki Aerio insurance price quotes in Ohio
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings. Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Do you have a demanding employer? – Careers such as lawyers, business owners, and dentists have higher rates than average because of intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like professors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- How much liability insurance – Liability insurance kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Never let your policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Guys are more aggressive – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Women and men cause fender benders in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Mature drivers save more – Older insureds are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Your credit history is important – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Suzuki Aerio by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Affordable rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your car insurance premiums.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Columbus car insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Columbus.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Columbus who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Car insurance agents in Columbus come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Columbus that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 249-2141 – View Map
- Ansong Insurance Agency
5272 Cleveland Ave – Columbus, OH 43231 – (614) 259-3635 – View Map
- Augustine Insurance Agency
3851 N High St – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 267-1973 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbus willing to provide price quotes.
- Meghan Humphreys – State Farm Insurance Agent
3468 N High St a – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 754-9855 – View Map
- Ted Briggs – State Farm Insurance Agent
2545 Petzinger Rd L – Columbus, OH 43209 – (614) 235-6667 – View Map
- State Farm: Matt Simonds
2986 N High St – Columbus, OH 43202 – (614) 262-6700 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
After receiving positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage.
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Columbus. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Suzuki Aerio rate quotes. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents. Budget-conscious Suzuki Aerio insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
How to buy discount Suzuki Aerio insurance in Columbus
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Columbus is to compare quotes once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Aerio coverage is available in Columbus. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)