How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Toyota Sequoia insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we'll show you the best way to compare rates on a Toyota and locate the best price possible.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey found that people who shopped around annually saved over $865 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Columbus is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Cheaper Toyota Sequoia insurance in Columbus
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheaper Sequoia insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Sequoia insurance in Columbus.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Columbus auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Sequoia insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, seat belt use, driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for paperless, company car, mature driver, multi-policy, and group or association.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, air bags, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance offers discounts for Pac-12 alumni, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, safety device, DriveSense, and multi-car.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, driver's education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in every state. To view auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Toyota Sequoia insurance rate analysis
The data table shown below outlines a range of insurance rates for Toyota Sequoia models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are determined can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$170||$304||$256||$16||$76||$822||$69|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$170||$358||$256||$16||$76||$876||$73|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$190||$358||$256||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$190||$358||$256||$16||$76||$896||$75|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$190||$412||$256||$16||$76||$950||$79|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$190||$412||$256||$16||$76||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Sequoia auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Sequoia replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Single drivers take more risk - Your spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Are you male or female? - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Sequoia annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Excellent credit scores equal low premiums - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Toyota Sequoia if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
- Big cities mean more claims - Being located in areas with lower population can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Sequoia - Insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Toyota Sequoia vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Sequoia Models Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Sequoia 4dr 2WD 70 103 80 57 Toyota Sequoia 4dr 4WD 82 115 96 57 50 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying car insurance from Columbus auto insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Columbus?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Two types of car insurance agents
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Columbus may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both handle car insurance, but it's good to learn the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Columbus willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Gary Bepler - State Farm Insurance Agent
3246 Noe Bixby Rd - Columbus, OH 43232 - (614) 837-4379 - View Map
- Buddy White - State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 S Hamilton Rd - Columbus, OH 43227 - (614) 864-1050 - View Map
- Scott Dawson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5871 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 891-2886 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Columbus that can give you price quotes.
- Gardiner Allen DeRoberts Insurance LLC
777 Goodale Blvd - Columbus, OH 43212 - (614) 221-1500 - View Map
- Keystone Insurance Agency LLC
5640 Groveport Rd #2 - Groveport, OH 43125 - (614) 295-8816 - View Map
- Central Ohio Insurance Services, Inc
1205 Hill Rd N - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 861-3100 - View Map
Insuring your Sequoia just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's important to compare rates every year to save money.
Frequent quotes can save
Lower-priced car insurance in Columbus is attainable online and with local Columbus insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to quote cheaper Toyota Sequoia insurance in Columbus
The best way to find cheaper Toyota Sequoia insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Columbus. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles: