The best way we recommend to find low-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Columbus. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to get better rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers could pocket almost $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Choosing the best rates in Columbus is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. You just have to use the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Compare Columbus Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rate quotes
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance analysis for a Dodge Ram 2500
The coverage table shown below outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Being aware of how car insurance premiums are determined can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$118||$248||$334||$20||$100||$820||$68|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$118||$284||$334||$20||$100||$856||$71|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$118||$284||$334||$20||$100||$856||$71|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$118||$284||$334||$20||$100||$856||$71|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$118||$284||$334||$20||$100||$856||$71|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$118||$284||$334||$20||$100||$856||$71|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$130||$248||$334||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$130||$284||$334||$20||$100||$868||$72|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$130||$284||$334||$20||$100||$868||$72|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$130||$248||$334||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$130||$248||$334||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$130||$322||$334||$20||$100||$906||$76|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$130||$322||$334||$20||$100||$906||$76|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$130||$248||$334||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$130||$248||$334||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$130||$248||$334||$20||$100||$832||$69|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$144||$284||$334||$20||$100||$882||$74|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$144||$284||$334||$20||$100||$882||$74|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$144||$284||$334||$20||$100||$882||$74|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$144||$284||$334||$20||$100||$882||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in Columbus location which can change rates significantly.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Components of Your Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Marriage equates to better rates - Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance policy lapses lead to higher insurance rates - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Stay claim-free and save money - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Ohio give discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Rates increase with driving citations - Getting just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can affect Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Determine discounts to get cheap Columbus car insurance rates
Companies don't necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multiple Cars - Having more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting coverage on a new Ram 2500 is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer these discounts are:
It's a good idea to ask each company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Columbus. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Columbus who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Types of auto insurance agents in Columbus
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good Columbus insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Columbus are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can do a good job, but it's important to know the differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Columbus that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ray Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
7846 Olentangy River Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 846-2886 - View Map
- Buddy White - State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 S Hamilton Rd - Columbus, OH 43227 - (614) 864-1050 - View Map
- Meghan Humphreys - State Farm Insurance Agent
3468 N High St a - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 754-9855 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Columbus that can give you comparison quotes.
- Pfeifer-Ornstein Insurance Agency
3291 E Main St - Columbus, OH 43213 - (614) 235-7050 - View Map
- John Dawson Associates
6025 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 890-1660 - View Map
- Franchise Insurance Agency, Inc.
4930 Reed Rd Suite 100 - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 451-2232 - View Map
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
Cost effective Dodge Ram 2500 insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Columbus agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
While you're price shopping online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices online in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Active Military in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)