A recent car insurance study revealed that most car insurance policyholders in Ohio have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could pocket approximately 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop around.
The most effective way to get budget Dodge Viper insurance in Columbus is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Score discounts to get cheaper Columbus auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give a small break get Columbus auto insurance over the internet.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Viper insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Columbus Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Viper insurance quotes in Ohio, click here.
Free Columbus Dodge Viper insurance quotes
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company does Columbus Viper insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Dodge Viper insurance analysis
The information shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Viper models. Knowing how premiums are figured can help drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$166||$430||$256||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$166||$430||$256||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Viper annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Viper claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is glass protection for?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Columbus insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Columbus that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Columbus auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Columbus can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbus that can give you rate quotes.
- Andrea Taylor - State Farm Insurance Agent
5540 N Hamilton Rd - Columbus, OH 43230 - (614) 855-9421 - View Map
- David Grant - State Farm Insurance Agent
4612 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 262-1055 - View Map
- Gianna R Cone - State Farm Insurance Agent
1495 Morse Rd #100 - Columbus, OH 43229 - (614) 267-7865 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbus willing to provide price quotes.
- Pfeifer-Ornstein Insurance Agency
3291 E Main St - Columbus, OH 43213 - (614) 235-7050 - View Map
- Gardiner Allen DeRoberts Insurance LLC
777 Goodale Blvd - Columbus, OH 43212 - (614) 221-1500 - View Map
- Ansong Insurance Agency
5272 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 259-3635 - View Map
When you buy Columbus auto insurance online, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced insurance in Columbus is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)