Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to do a rate comparison.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Columbus. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Columbus is actually quite easy if you know where to start. You only have to learn the quickest method to compare rates on the web.
Best Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices in Ohio
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Columbus
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Columbus car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, company car, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, multi-car, drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
If you need low cost Columbus car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your area.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my Fiat 124 Spider covered for flood damage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Fiat 124 Spider is worth?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Columbus?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Columbus insurance agency
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Columbus that give free quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local Columbus insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Columbus can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent agencies in Columbus willing to provide rate quotes.
Lower rates by being persistent
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Columbus car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
More affordable car insurance in Columbus is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Columbus car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles: