Shopping for budget-priced Columbus Dodge Magnum insurance quotes is rather challenging for vehicle owners not familiar with comparing and buying insurance over the internet. Since there are so many insurers available, how can Columbus drivers effectively compare every insurance company to find the cheapest price possible?
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent insurance study revealed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is your target objective, then knowing how to find and compare car insurance can save money and time.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Dodge Magnum insurance in Columbus last year there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You can find a lot of information about Magnum insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best techniques to find cheap insurance in Columbus.
If you have a current insurance policy, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Locating the lowest cost insurance policy in Columbus is easy to do. Nevertheless, Ohio vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to compete online and use it to your advantage.
Most companies provide insurance quotes online. Comparing prices online for Dodge Magnum insurance in Columbus is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system requests your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to find a lower rate.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Columbus
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Columbus car insurance quote.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Columbus can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge can earn cheaper prices.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Magnum insurance.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, click this link.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Columbus
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Vehicle features can affect rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
Gender is a factor – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Do you know your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Do you need those incidental coverages? – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Liability protection preserves assets – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Columbus that provide free Columbus car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Columbus?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Columbus?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you would like to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Columbus are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nikki Ogunduyile – State Farm Insurance Agent
20 S 3rd St #210 – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 274-7130 – View Map
- Jerry Doherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
21 W Broad St #100 – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 461-7833 – View Map
- Russell A Popp – State Farm Insurance Agent
2844 Johnstown Rd – Columbus, OH 43219 – (614) 471-5557 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Columbus independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Geswein Insurance Agency LLC
5214 Bethel Center Mall – Columbus, OH 43220 – (614) 538-2944 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 249-2141 – View Map
- Putnam White Lewis Insurance Agency
4161 N High St – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 267-1269 – View Map
You can find cheaper coverage
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
More affordable insurance in Columbus is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
How to find cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance in Columbus
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Columbus.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Magnum coverage is available in Columbus. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to analyze every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)