How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus buyers have options when searching for low-cost GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a GMC and get the lowest price either online or from Columbus insurance agents.
Finding GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus
Most of the larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting online rates for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system will order your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get quotes for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost prices.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Columbus Sierra 3500HD insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your GMC, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your GMC at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your GMC gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Sierra 3500HD outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium table below highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are figured can help customers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$130||$248||$296||$18||$88||$780||$65|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$130||$284||$368||$22||$110||$914||$76|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$248||$296||$18||$88||$780||$65|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$130||$248||$296||$18||$88||$780||$65|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$130||$284||$368||$22||$110||$914||$76|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$284||$368||$22||$110||$914||$76|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$130||$248||$296||$18||$88||$780||$65|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$130||$284||$368||$22||$110||$914||$76|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$130||$284||$368||$22||$110||$914||$76|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$284||$296||$18||$88||$830||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Columbus location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance prices for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age in Columbus
The information below compares GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower rate quotes on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus with these five discounts
Some companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- E-sign – A few car insurance companies will give a small break get Columbus auto insurance on your computer.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your GMC can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Esurance includes discounts for renters, Switch & Save, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and air bags.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
If you want affordable Columbus auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Columbus, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Columbus who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you want to use a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Columbus are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Columbus who can help you get price quote information.
- Nikki Ogunduyile – State Farm Insurance Agent
20 S 3rd St #210 – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 274-7130 – View Map
- Jack Gilkerson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4232 E Main St – Whitehall, OH 43213 – (614) 237-4256 – View Map
- Howard Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
1395 E Dublin Granville Rd #201 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 431-8192 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following are Columbus independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Associated Insurance Agency – Pickerington
12927 Stonecreek Dr – Pickerington, OH 43147 – (614) 866-6060 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sylvia A Garrett Insurance Agency Llc
1 W Nationwide Blvd – Columbus, OH 43215 – (614) 249-2141 – View Map
- Ansong Insurance Agency
5272 Cleveland Ave – Columbus, OH 43231 – (614) 259-3635 – View Map
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Columbus?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Specific coverages for a GMC Sierra 3500HD
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Ohio drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like hospital visits, surgery, chiropractic care, pain medications and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Sierra 3500HD caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Sierra 3500HD to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Columbus can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, so get free Columbus auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to find cheaper rates for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Columbus is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Ohio. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Immediately place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about insurance can be found at these sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)