We don't have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Columbus is why you're reading this, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Columbus is to compare prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Be sure to keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important note is that you'll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
The purpose of this article is to instruct you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Although Ohio drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Compare quotes for Columbus Kia Optima Hybrid insurance
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Don't neglect these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Optima Hybrid insurance in Columbus.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Optima Hybrid insurance in Columbus.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, air bags, good student, multi-policy, driver training, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, switch companies, youthful driver, multi-car, and distant student.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- USAA may offer discounts for family discount, defensive driver, good student, military installation, driver training, annual mileage, and vehicle storage.
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online Kia Optima Hybrid insurance quotes in Columbus, click this link.
Why you need Kia vehicle insurance in Ohio
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Columbus, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Optima Hybrid has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Kia but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Columbus overpays as much as $750 every year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Local insurance agents
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Columbus.
After filling out this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Columbus who may provide free car insurance quotes.
- Soller Insurance Agency
891 S James Rd - Columbus, OH 43227 - (614) 235-2815 - View Map
- Ansong Insurance Agency
5272 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 259-3635 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Glenn R Williams
2930 N High St - Columbus, OH 43202 - (614) 268-3567 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Columbus willing to provide price quote information.
- Scott Dawson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5871 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 891-2886 - View Map
- State Farm: Matt Simonds
2986 N High St - Columbus, OH 43202 - (614) 262-6700 - View Map
- David Grant - State Farm Insurance Agent
4612 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 262-1055 - View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Columbus should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does their agency support local causes in Columbus?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?