Shopping for the lowest cost Columbus Nissan Sentra insurance quotes may seem to be rather challenging for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates on the internet. With more and more companies, how can Columbus drivers have the ability to compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Columbus is your ultimate objective, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates on Nissan Sentra insurance in Columbus two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to buy cheaper Nissan Sentra insurance in Columbus.
Choosing the best rates in Columbus can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these tips. Nevertheless, Ohio car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Columbus insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise every discount they offer very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Columbus car insurance online. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for signing up on your computer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Columbus car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Sentra car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The data table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Nissan Sentra models. Learning how rate quotes are established can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$72||$182||$214||$12||$64||$544||$45|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$72||$182||$214||$12||$64||$544||$45|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$84||$182||$214||$12||$64||$556||$46|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$84||$210||$214||$12||$64||$584||$49|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can impact Nissan Sentra insurance premiums for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn't a written rule to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Sentra settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Local Columbus insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Columbus who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Columbus for you
When researching a local insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbus willing to provide price quote information.
- David Grant - State Farm Insurance Agent
4612 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 262-1055 - View Map
- Amie Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
1246 N High St - Columbus, OH 43201 - (614) 586-8701 - View Map
- Russell A Popp - State Farm Insurance Agent
2844 Johnstown Rd - Columbus, OH 43219 - (614) 471-5557 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Columbus independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Central Ohio Insurance Services, Inc
1205 Hill Rd N - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 861-3100 - View Map
- Guy P Williams Insurance Agency
1335 Dublin Rd #110d - Columbus, OH 43215 - (614) 488-1101 - View Map
- Gardiner Allen DeRoberts Insurance LLC
777 Goodale Blvd - Columbus, OH 43212 - (614) 221-1500 - View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an acceptable price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can provide auto insurance coverage.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We just presented many ways to save on Nissan Sentra insurance in Columbus. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Columbus car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Nissan Sentra rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Budget-conscious Nissan Sentra insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Columbus car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
How to find low-cost Nissan Sentra insurance in Columbus
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Nissan Sentra insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Columbus.
- First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Sentra coverage is available in Columbus. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
One piece of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)