Are you looking for the cheapest car insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Tesla Model 3 insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Tesla and obtain the best price possible.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that people who compared price quotes annually saved about $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is the reason you're reading this, then having a good understanding how to compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
It's a good habit to check car insurance prices yearly because car insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Tesla Model 3 insurance in Columbus a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you're already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. The goal of this article is to teach you how car insurance works and some tips to save money. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rates in Ohio
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Columbus, OH. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Vehicle features impact premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates - The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Your spouse saves you money - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Excellent credit means lower premiums - Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Tesla Model 3 by improving your rating.
- Incidental coverages may be wasting money - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Long commutes cost more - The higher the miles on your Tesla every year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your Model 3 may be costing you higher rates.
- Females pay lower prices - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Females and males get in accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Get cheaper Tesla Model 3 insurance rates in Columbus
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Columbus Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperwork-free - Many auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Ohio, click here.
Buying car insurance from Columbus auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Columbus.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Columbus are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Columbus independent agents who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Wiles Insurance Agency
348 Granville St - Gahanna, OH 43230 - (614) 536-0370 - View Map
- Augustine Insurance Agency
3851 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 267-1973 - View Map
- Geswein Insurance Agency LLC
5214 Bethel Center Mall - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 538-2944 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Columbus that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Felix Quachey
1100 Morse Rd Ste 301 - Columbus, OH 43229 - (614) 536-0237 - View Map
- Debbie Montgomery - State Farm Insurance Agent
1880 Schrock Rd - Columbus, OH 43229 - (614) 890-2886 - View Map
- Gary Snowden - State Farm Insurance Agent
1369 Georgesville Rd - Columbus, OH 43228 - (614) 272-2300 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Columbus can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
When searching for inexpensive Columbus auto insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Tesla Model 3 insurance in Columbus. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Tesla Model 3 insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Steps to finding more affordable Tesla Model 3 insurance in Columbus
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Columbus is to compare prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Ohio. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once received, put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)