Finding cheaper insurance for a Ford Freestyle in Ohio can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Ford and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Columbus agents.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around periodically because insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best deal on Ford Freestyle insurance in Columbus at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Quoting and comparing the cheapest auto insurance policy in Columbus is quite easy. You just need to understand the quickest method to compare company rates instantly.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into prices.
Reduce prices by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
What are good liability coverage limits? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
How’s your driving record? – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
More performance means higher prices – The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
When should you not file insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in Ohio give lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Discount Columbus auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Freestyle insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheaper Freestyle insurance.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Columbus auto insurance quote as compared to frequent claim filers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, student away at school, new car, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- SAFECO offers discounts including bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your state. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
Do the work, save more money
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is easier than you think.
Cheap Ford Freestyle insurance in Columbus can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
How to buy cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Columbus
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Columbus is to compare prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much is Columbus Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)