Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Most drivers in Columbus could save themselves as much as 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Columbus.
First, take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Check for these discounts
Some insurers do not list all discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- E-sign – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
Neighborhood Columbus auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent. Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Columbus should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
The following are agents in Columbus that may be willing to give price quotes for Honda Clarity insurance in Columbus.
- All Ohio Insurance Agency Inc
180 Northwoods Blvd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 825-0770 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Yelena Uchiteleva Agency LLC
233 S Hamilton Rd – Columbus, OH 43213 – (614) 235-1702 – View Map
- Buddy White – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 S Hamilton Rd – Columbus, OH 43227 – (614) 864-1050 – View Map
- Central Ohio Insurance Services, Inc
1205 Hill Rd N – Pickerington, OH 43147 – (614) 861-3100 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Columbus?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
How You Can Control Honda Clarity Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Get married and pay less – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Clarity is throwing money out the window.
Costs and your address – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Ohio areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
Premiums also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Liability insurance is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Choosing Clarity insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Honda Clarity. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to save money.
Some companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Low-cost Honda Clarity insurance in Columbus can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Honda Clarity insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)