Are you searching for lower-priced Honda HR-V insurance in Columbus? No one enjoys paying for insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around once a year are likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved as much as $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on insurance is your target objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money. People have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Honda HR-V insurance in Columbus.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on Honda HR-V insurance in Columbus two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to buy cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Columbus.
Our goal is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using these methods. Consumers just need to use the quickest way to buy car insurance online from multiple companies.
Cheaper Columbus insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount shop Columbus auto insurance on their website.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda may enable drivers to earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new HR-V can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- USAA offers discounts for new vehicle, family discount, military installation, multi-policy, annual mileage, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, Switch & Save, defensive driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, multi-car, youthful driver, good student, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, good driver, good student, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
If you need cheaper Columbus auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Columbus. To see insurance companies who offer online Honda HR-V insurance quotes in Columbus, click this link.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Ohio. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Columbus.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is emailed to companies in Columbus who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Columbus for you
When researching a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Columbus can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Columbus who may provide pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance – Nick Miller and Assoc Ins Agency Inc
6834 Caine Rd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 889-0701 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Columbus exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Ted Briggs – State Farm Insurance Agent
2545 Petzinger Rd L – Columbus, OH 43209 – (614) 235-6667 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Columbus?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Columbus?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Compare but don’t skimp
When getting Columbus auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Honda HR-V insurance in Columbus is definitely available online in addition to many Columbus insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Steps to finding more affordable Honda HR-V insurance in Columbus
The easiest way to get affordable car insurance rates in Columbus is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Columbus. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Make sure you store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)