How long has it been since you compared quotes for more affordable car insurance rates in Columbus, OH? Columbus consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Volkswagen Atlas insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to quote coverages for your Volkswagen and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Columbus agents.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Columbus a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding low cost car insurance quotes is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, early shopping, mature driver, multi-car, good student, teen driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new move discount, good student, preferred payment discount, newly retired, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To choose insurers with significant discounts in Columbus, click here.
Why you need Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Ohio
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Atlas in Columbus, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Columbus.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Columbus insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Agencies in Columbus can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to less well-known companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agents in Columbus that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Cornerstone Insurance Services
1505 Stonecreek Drive S, Suite 103 – Pickerington, OH 43147 – (614) 524-4248 – View Map
- W.E. Davis Insurance Agency
29 Frederick St – Columbus, OH 43206 – (614) 443-0533 – View Map
- Tri-Wood Insurance
1000 Georgesville Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 276-7821 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Columbus willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Meghan Humphreys – State Farm Insurance Agent
3468 N High St a – Columbus, OH 43214 – (614) 754-9855 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Felix Quachey
1100 Morse Rd Ste 301 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 536-0237 – View Map
- Jonathan Yu – State Farm Insurance Agent
1930 Crown Park Ct #140 – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 885-9507 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Columbus?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?