Finding low cost coverage rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Columbus could be a challenge for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. Drivers have so many options available that it can turn into a real challenge to find more affordable prices in Ohio.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around once a year will most likely switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Columbus is why you’re reading this, learning the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Columbus auto insurance online.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for annual mileage, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, business and professional, homeowner, early shopping, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, teen driver, mature driver, good student, paid in full, group or association, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, and new graduate.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has discounts for military installation, new vehicle, defensive driver, loyalty savings, good student, and family discount.
When getting free Columbus auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply in Columbus.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information including if you went to college, your job, how much coverage you want, and driver details. Your information gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To find lower cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If they are an independent agency in Columbus, which companies do they recommend?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Columbus are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Columbus exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Gianna R Cone – State Farm Insurance Agent
1495 Morse Rd #100 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 267-7865 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Patricia Dews
114 Norton Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 878-9720 – View Map
- Wendy Sams – State Farm Insurance Agent
9039 Antares Ave, Ste D-1A – Columbus, OH 43240 – (614) 985-6123 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Columbus who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Wiles Insurance Agency
348 Granville St – Gahanna, OH 43230 – (614) 536-0370 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Nick Miller and Assoc Ins Agency Inc
6834 Caine Rd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 889-0701 – View Map
- AA Affordable Insurance Agency of Ohio
1180 W Broad St – Columbus, OH 43222 – (614) 221-7007 – View Map
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, funeral expenses, medical expenses, attorney fees and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Ohio state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Since many Ohio drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This covers damage to your Shelby GT350 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Shelby GT350 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More effort can pay off
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company.
When you buy Columbus auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Columbus can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Columbus
Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Columbus is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)