It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $70 a month compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Columbus is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time and money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Columbus.
- Step 1: Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Grand Cherokee coverage is available in Columbus. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Columbus is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to learn the best way to compare insurance rates online.
Most companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Columbus doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To quickly compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Columbus
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-line Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors could receive a small discount on rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Columbus auto insurance quote.
- Paperwork-free – Certain auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy digitally online.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Esurance discounts include good driver, multi-car, claim free, DriveSense, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and online quote.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, good student, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
Check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area.
Insurance analysis for a Jeep Grand Cherokee
The data table shown below covers a range of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Learning how car insurance premiums are calculated can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$136||$270||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$136||$270||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$154||$318||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$154||$318||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$154||$318||$296||$18||$88||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can influence Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance rates for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender-based insurance rates by age
The example below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Local Columbus insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Columbus?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How many companies do they write for?
- What discounts might you be missing?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Columbus may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Columbus exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Gary Bepler – State Farm Insurance Agent
3246 Noe Bixby Rd – Columbus, OH 43232 – (614) 837-4379 – View Map
Gianna R Cone – State Farm Insurance Agent
1495 Morse Rd #100 – Columbus, OH 43229 – (614) 267-7865 – View Map
Russell A Popp – State Farm Insurance Agent
2844 Johnstown Rd – Columbus, OH 43219 – (614) 471-5557 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
The following are independent agents in Columbus that are able to give rate quotes.
Franchise Insurance Agency, Inc.
4930 Reed Rd Suite 100 – Columbus, OH 43220 – (614) 451-2232 – View Map
Danduran and Associates Insurance Agency, Inc.
1827 O Brien Rd – Columbus, OH 43228 – (614) 777-8200 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Robert L Smith
4942 Reed Rd – Columbus, OH 43220 – (614) 451-2232 – View Map
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Reserve claims for larger damages – Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide lower rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Your age impacts your costs – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Living in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Ohio areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
- Lower auto insurance rates with alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft.
Insurance loss statistics a Jeep Grand Cherokee – Companies use past insurance losses when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Columbus, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Columbus auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Columbus is available online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Columbus. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Other learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Columbus Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)