Would you like an easy way to compare the cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in Columbus? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Kia Sorento in Ohio can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and locate the lowest price from Columbus insurance agents and online providers.
It's smart to do rate comparisons occasionally since insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best price on Kia Sorento insurance in Columbus six months ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Quoting and comparing rates for the cheapest auto insurance in Columbus is not as time-consuming as you think. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just have to use the tricks to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Cutting your auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rate quotes to discover which company has low cost Columbus car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Sorento insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sorento in Columbus, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Sorento, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Kia Sorento and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Costs for guys may be higher - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Older drivers save more - Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Being married can save on insurance - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when buying insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Never let your insurance policy lapse - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Your employer is a factor - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as military generals, social workers, and dentists generally pay the highest rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as professors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Cheaper rates with safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Consider raising comp and collision deductibles - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Sorento - Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine the price you pay. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
It's not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Affordable coverage is out there
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare Kia Sorento insurance premium rates in Columbus. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Budget-friendly insurance in Columbus is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
How to find low-cost Kia Sorento insurance in Columbus
The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Columbus.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
An important note is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)