The easiest way to get discount Lincoln LS insurance is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Columbus. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on LS insurance in Columbus. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop rates annually are likely to switch companies because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on Lincoln LS insurance is your intention, then knowing how to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Locating the best rates in Columbus is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Ohio drivers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
To find cheaper quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Columbus insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to go to and from local insurance agencies. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the professional guidance of a local agent. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding the best price.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect your Lincoln LS and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Columbus, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates.
Liability limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married actually saves money on car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Your career may increase rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and accountants usually pay higher rates than average because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Better drivers pay better premiums – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Most major insurers will award better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare Lincoln LS rates in Columbus to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Save a ton on Lincoln LS insurance in Columbus with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Columbus and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, five-year accident-free, military active duty, membership and employees, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, save driver, driver training, multi-policy, and early quote.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, pay in full, bundle discounts, distant student, and early shopping.
- Esurance offers discounts for Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, ease of repair, annual mileage, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
Check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Columbus. If you would like to view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Columbus, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Columbus.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Columbus auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Columbus who can help you get free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbus who can help you get price quotes.
Danny Hilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
3276 Morse Rd b – Columbus, OH 43231 – (614) 475-8808 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How are they compensated?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Compare but don’t skimp
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, high prices and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Columbus is attainable online and with local Columbus insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Lincoln LS insurance rates online in Columbus. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional auto insurance information is available below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How Much are Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)