Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced insurance can stress out your checking account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing cost estimates is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
It's safe to assume that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that people who compared rates annually saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Columbus is your objective, knowing the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact car insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details like if it has an anti-theft system, how your vehicles are used, if you lease or own, and which vehicles you own. Those rating factors is then sent to all major companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Columbus, OH. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru Crosstrek insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Determines Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Prices?
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Get better rates if married - Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - Car insurance companies in Ohio award discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Cut rates and deter theft - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Youthful drivers cost more - More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Credit history impacts premium prices - Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Subaru Crosstrek if you clean up your credit.
- Males pay more for insurance coverage - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders cause accidents in similar percentages, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Some providers don't always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Columbus car insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Crosstrek insurance policy expiring. It's a savings of about 10%.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may include most of these discounts possibly include:
When getting free Columbus car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Subaru Crosstrek?
- What happens if I owe more than my Subaru Crosstrek is worth?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Columbus who will give you bids for your business. You don't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a low price. A good agent in Columbus will have answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is there a local claims center in Columbus?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Columbus?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Shown below are agents in Columbus that are able to give comparison quotes for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Columbus.
Howard Tyler - State Farm Insurance Agent
1395 E Dublin Granville Rd #201 - Columbus, OH 43229 - (614) 431-8192 - View Map
Danny Hilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3276 Morse Rd b - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 475-8808 - View Map
Affordable coverage is out there
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced insurance in Columbus can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Columbus car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Columbus
The best way to find more affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Columbus.
- Get an understanding of car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of this process is to try to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Columbus? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)