Do you want to save money by buying more affordable BMW X1 insurance in Columbus? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a BMW X1 in Ohio could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a BMW and get the lowest price.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for BMW X1 insurance in Columbus is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details like your occupation, the type of vehicles you drive, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and coverage limits. Those rating factors is automatically sent to all major companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To find lower cheap BMW X1 insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Ohio. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance policy discounts for BMW X1 insurance in Columbus
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive better car insurance rates.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child take driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current X1 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used X1 can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Columbus car insurance depending on your company.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, pay in full, homeowner, good student, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, youthful driver, good student, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, good driver, defensive driving training, driver's education, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, anti-theft, multi-car, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Columbus.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your X1, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your BMW at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your BMW X1 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Ohio is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Columbus that give free quotes for your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Columbus?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Columbus for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbus who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Bob Zedeker II - State Farm Insurance Agent
3250 W Henderson Rd Ste 101 - Columbus, OH 43220 - (614) 457-5070 - View Map
- Andrea Taylor - State Farm Insurance Agent
5540 N Hamilton Rd - Columbus, OH 43230 - (614) 855-9421 - View Map
- Jerry Doherty - State Farm Insurance Agent
21 W Broad St #100 - Columbus, OH 43215 - (614) 461-7833 - View Map
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you will want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Columbus that can give you rate quotes.
- IHT Insurance Agency Group LLC
655 Metro Pl S Suite 330 - Dublin, OH 43017 - (614) 761-2825 - View Map
- W.E. Davis Insurance Agency
29 Frederick St - Columbus, OH 43206 - (614) 443-0533 - View Map
- Cornerstone Insurance Services
1505 Stonecreek Drive S, Suite 103 - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 524-4248 - View Map