It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop around once a year are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Volvo V90 insurance in Columbus is your goal, then understanding how to shop and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Volvo V90 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Columbus. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Columbus. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Immediately place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Columbus is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have a policy now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, Ohio consumers do need to learn how big insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Online Discount – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, youthful driver, switch companies, good student, and business and professional.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, good student, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, defensive driver, online quote, Switch & Save, and multi-car.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, good driver, student away at school, anti-theft, and accident-free.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Ohio, click this link.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Columbus V90 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Columbus who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Columbus?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
When looking for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Columbus are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Columbus exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
Ted Briggs – State Farm Insurance Agent
2545 Petzinger Rd L – Columbus, OH 43209 – (614) 235-6667 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Columbus willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance – Nick Miller and Assoc Ins Agency Inc
6834 Caine Rd – Columbus, OH 43235 – (614) 889-0701 – View Map
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Columbus can be found both online and with local Columbus insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)