Kia Soul insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Do you want more affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Columbus? High-priced insurance in Columbus can deplete your accounts and make it hard to pay other bills.
Shockingly, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Columbus consumers can cut their rates by 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company. There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and although it's nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons yearly because prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on Kia Soul EV insurance in Columbus at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about Soul EV insurance online, but we're going to give you some tested techniques to quit paying high insurance rates in Columbus.
This article will introduce you to how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Consumers just need to learn how to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
Best companies for Kia Soul EV insurance
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
- Good credit scores equal low premiums - Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Soul EV by improving your credit score. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Single vs. married - Your spouse can get you a discount when buying insurance. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Liability - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices - The performance of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your rates. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Use one insurance company and save - Many insurance companies allow lower prices to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - If you file a lot of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Kia Soul EV insurance in Columbus
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every discount they offer very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Columbus auto insurance online. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring several vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, driver's education, multiple policy, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, teen driver, distant student, bundle discounts, pay in full, good student, and switch companies.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, good student, military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-theft, and air bags.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, good student, air bags, accident-free, and good driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, good student, business or organization, multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Kia Soul EV insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Are auto insurance agents used anymore?
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Columbus.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Columbus who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you're trying to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Columbus independent insurance agencies that can give you free car insurance quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Columbus who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you feel you receive good feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your car insurance policy.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
One last thing to lower rates
When getting Columbus auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Columbus is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Steps to finding affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Columbus
The recommended way to find affordable car insurance rates in Columbus is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Ohio.
- First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Columbus. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)