A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in Ohio could pocket approximately $730 a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance in Columbus is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Ohio. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on MR2 Spyder insurance in Columbus. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding more affordable Columbus insurance quotes is a great way to save money. You just have to take a few minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has low cost Columbus car insurance quotes.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive to and from local Columbus insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the trained guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although you can compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Columbus, OH. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lower-cost Columbus car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Columbus Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Columbus can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, switch companies, teen driver, youthful driver, early shopping, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, homeowner, bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Columbus. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Columbus, click this link.
Components of Your Toyota MR2 Spyder Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Bad drivers pay high rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one moving violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to keep their license.
Excellent credit scores equal low rates – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota MR2 Spyder by repairing your credit.
Always have insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Teen drivers pay higher costs – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
Liability insurance preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Columbus.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Agents in Columbus can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Columbus who may provide cheap rate quotes.
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Columbus who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Ohio?
Cover all your bases
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance in Columbus. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Columbus car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Traverse in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)