Finding the cheapest insurance for a Volkswagen Beetle in Ohio could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Volkswagen and obtain the lowest price.
Astonishing but true, most consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Ohio drivers could cut their rates by almost 55% a year, but they don't invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
You should take the time to take a look at other company's rates yearly because insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Columbus a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Columbus is to know the trick most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if your license is active, if the vehicle is leased, which vehicles you own, and the ages of drivers. That rating information is submitted instantly to all major companies and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To check Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Columbus.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Beetle in Columbus, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen Beetle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having insight into how premiums are established can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$170||$352||$192||$12||$58||$784||$65|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$416||$150||$10||$44||$840||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Columbus garaging location which can change coverage prices substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Columbus insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Volkswagen Beetle liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below compares Volkswagen Beetle car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Beetle claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The chart below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts are:
Check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Columbus.
Insurance quotes from local Columbus insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Columbus who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
When searching for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Columbus willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Matt Simonds
2986 N High St - Columbus, OH 43202 - (614) 262-6700 - View Map
- Bill Alsnauer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2500 W Dublin Granville Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 764-2411 - View Map
- Wendy Sams - State Farm Insurance Agent
9039 Antares Ave, Ste D-1A - Columbus, OH 43240 - (614) 985-6123 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to check rates from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent agencies in Columbus that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Associated Insurance Agency - Pickerington
12927 Stonecreek Dr - Pickerington, OH 43147 - (614) 866-6060 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Glenn R Williams
2930 N High St - Columbus, OH 43202 - (614) 268-3567 - View Map
- John Dawson Associates
6025 Cleveland Ave - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 890-1660 - View Map
After you get good answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance. Just remember you can always cancel a policy any time you want so don't assume that you are obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
In the end, you can save money
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, lack of trust in their agent or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
How to find cheaper Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Columbus
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Volkswagen Beetle insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Columbus. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Beetle insurance in Columbus. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you'll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Car Insurance for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Columbus Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)