Statistics show that most consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Ohio consumers can cut their rates by roughly 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Columbus. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives ideas to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding a lower price on Buick Rendezvous insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has affordable Columbus car insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to go to all the different Columbus insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Buick Rendezvous insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the extra assistance that only an agent can give. Although you can comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Get lower-cost rates by earning discounts
Some companies don't always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Student in College - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Columbus and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Driving Data Discount - Columbus drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose companies who offer discounts in Columbus, click this link.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Higher premiums for tough jobs - Jobs like real estate brokers, social workers, and dentists have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as professors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Safer occupants lowers prices - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
A good credit score can save money - Credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with worse credit. If your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Buick Rendezvous if you clean up your credit.
Combine policies to earn discounts - Most insurance companies give discounts to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
Type of car determines base rates - The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Drive less and pay lower prices - Driving more miles each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Rendezvous is just wasting money. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage is showing the right rating data.
Careless drivers pay higher premiums - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Lower premiums with alarm systems - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent auto theft.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Columbus who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. A good agent in Columbus will have answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you want a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Columbus can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Columbus exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Danny Hilton - State Farm Insurance Agent
3276 Morse Rd b - Columbus, OH 43231 - (614) 475-8808 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbus willing to provide price quotes.
After getting good answers to your questions and a good coverage price, you've probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy. But remember, you are able to cancel a policy any time you want so don't feel you're contractually obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
Persistence pays off
As you quote Columbus car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for Buick Rendezvous insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More affordable car insurance in Columbus is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)