It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get price quotes annually are very likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Jaguar X-Type insurance in Columbus is the reason for your visit, understanding how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can save money and time.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Jaguar X-Type insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Columbus.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and earn larger discounts.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper X-Type coverage is available in Columbus. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Companies offering Jaguar X-Type insurance in Columbus
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Columbus, OH. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save a ton on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Columbus with these auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Columbus car insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Columbus car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to study where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new X-Type can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy cost.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, good student, accident-free, and easy pay.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, homeowners, early bird, theft prevention, defensive driver, and student driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Jaguar X-Type Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Premiums may be higher where you live – Having an address in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Ohio areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide better rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Bad credit will cost you – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Jaguar X-Type by improving your rating.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut rates – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I buy only the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Columbus car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Columbus.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Columbus are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbus that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Columbus that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Columbus?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Be persistent and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered many tips how you can find affordable Jaguar X-Type insurance in Columbus. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Columbus Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)