Sad but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could pocket 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Columbus is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more information to help prevent costly coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Camry Hybrid insurance. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some providers don't always publicize every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Online Discount - Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the web.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Columbus car insurance with certain companies.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Columbus car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The diagram below compares Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance discounts include Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, multi-policy, safety device, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Finding a better price on insurance is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a little time comparing price quotes to see which company has affordable Columbus car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Columbus, OH. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Rates and statistics
The information shown next outlines different insurance rates for Toyota Camry Hybrid models. Learning how premiums are established is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific Columbus garaging location which can modify coverage rates greatly.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry Hybrid yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Columbus insurance agent
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Columbus.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Columbus who will return price quotes for your business. You won't need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Columbus
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Columbus agents, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Columbus may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning how they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Columbus that can possibly get you price quotes.
- AA Affordable Insurance Agency of Ohio
1180 W Broad St - Columbus, OH 43222 - (614) 221-7007 - View Map
- Putnam White Lewis Insurance Agency
4161 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 267-1269 - View Map
- Augustine Insurance Agency
3851 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 267-1973 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Columbus that can give you comparison quotes.
- Gianna R Cone - State Farm Insurance Agent
1495 Morse Rd #100 - Columbus, OH 43229 - (614) 267-7865 - View Map
- David Grant - State Farm Insurance Agent
4612 N High St - Columbus, OH 43214 - (614) 262-1055 - View Map
- Bill Alsnauer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2500 W Dublin Granville Rd - Columbus, OH 43235 - (614) 764-2411 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Columbus should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you get positive feedback to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you are entitled to cancel coverage whenever you want so don't feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies. Cheaper Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Columbus can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Columbus, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Columbus, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Traverse in Columbus? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)